Shadows of the Imperium

Session 2

Tyruss: Your master whispered something about his collection before expiring. We will need to study this manse.

The dataslates provide no clues.

Tyruss rolls Tech-Use with -3.2 additional degree(s) of success!

Alexia looks up. "Can I have a look at them?"

Tiber takes the book back out and leafing through the earlier parts, trying to collate 4 months earlier when things got bad, and then up to a year when things were less severe

Tyruss hands the dataslates to Alexia with chirp-click-click,

Alexia rolls Tech-Use with -1.5 additional degree(s) of success!

Callixtus continues his walking of the perimeter of the room, looking for this and that.

Callixtus rolls Awareness with -2.3 additional degree(s) of success!

Tiber rolls Scrutiny with -1.9 additional degree(s) of success!

Alexia Alexia fiddles with them for a short while, then shakes her head and adds them to the satchel of papers, just in case.

Tiber turns slightly to Sank, "Do you have directions to the Screaming Wheel by chance?"

Yusef: (Maybe someone else try inviting me)

Sank Strenwell: I can enter the rough location into your datapad. It's a downhive cantina. Mostly manufactorum workers.

Sank Strenwell takes a quill and paper from the desk and writes an address on it.

Sank Strenwell hands the slip of paper to Yusef

Tyruss: 's mechandendrite perks up at the mention of manufactorium workers.

Callixtus continues to poke around here and there in the room, checking behind artwork, in the occasional drawer, under a cushion, a corner of rug, behind a dusty book, a soiled coaster.

Malc (GM): Everywhere you look you see subtle signs of the noble

Yusef takes the paper and turns it over then back to the front. "Hmmm… yes. Interesting."

Malc (GM): s slow decent into madness. Pages ripped from books, small obscene carvings on the ancient wooden shelves, overturned decorations.

Tiber pats the pair of servants reassuringly on the back before he leaves the room and heads back down the spiral staircase

Callixtus: Such are the wages of sin… It might be prudent to have this place burned to the ground. Fire is such a thorough purgative.

Malc (GM): The scribe blanches

Tyruss: Is there a vault or other storage you master used Sank?

some place he might have kept more of these items?

Sank Strenwell: My master kept most of his personal belongings in his room though I must insist that these rooms remain for his family. I've done nothing to give you reason to doubt my word but I am a loyal servant of this house and Master Guljian's personal effects are for the family only.

Callixtus: Well… It almost feels like we're family now, doesn't it? After these most recent events? Tragedy and trauma can do that to a person.

Tyruss gets quite close to Sank, his mechadendrites sourrounding Sank, examining him form all angles

Alexia looks up at Sank "It's precisely that loyalty that should give you concern about what would happen to your master's family should any more of these maddening objects fall into their hands.

Callixtus nods solemnly to Alexia's comments. "Exactly. Misericordian super omnia, right?"

Alexia rolls Charm 72 Target 55.

Callixtus rolls Deceive 17 Target 55.

Sank Strenwell hesitates

Sank Strenwell: I will open the door and you may examine my master's room from the hall but you may not enter. Anything further and I will summon the Arbites and we'll verify that this investigation is within it's proper boundaries.

Callixtus looks at Alexia and the others. "That seems reasonable. Lead on, my good man."

Sank Strenwell leads the group through several hallways to a large gilded wooden door.

Sank Strenwell draws a large key from his belt which he uses to unlock the bed chamber. The doors creak open to a dark room beyond.

Sank Strenwell: As you can see, everything is in order here. The master's servants keep the room orderly and he has not been to his chambers in days.

Tyruss rolls Awareness 15 Target 32.

Gaius removes his auspex and scans the room

Gaius rolls Awareness 36 Target 50.

Callixtus steps over closer to Sank and engages him in quite closely in conversation. "My good man, you are a paragon of loyalty. I am simply and quite utterly impessed with your virtue." He moves to draw close enough in conversation to distract from the work of the others.

Callixtus rolls Deceive 69 Target 55.

Tiber: 

(To GM) rolling 1d100 Target int 36

(

57

)

57

Sank Strenwell looks over Callixtus' shoulder as he speaks, watching to ensure noone enters the room

Callixtus: How long have you been employed here? And with your master's… condition, now, do you intend to stay employed?

Sank Strenwell: For almost all my life. I was pledged to the House Guljian and am bound by my oath cog to serve them all my days.

Sank Strenwell moves to close the room up.

Sank Strenwell: That's quite enough I think

Callixtus nods slowly. "The oath cog, yes. Did you see your master's cog? What a sight! How he must have suffered for it to come to such a turn, such an end." Cal frowns, continuing in his attempt to distract the man. "Were others in the family suffering the same malady? Surely it does not run in such a noble line."

Sank Strenwell: These are sad times indeed. If any other members of house Guljian are affected I know not. My master has alienated himself over the past few months.

Callixtus: Yes, I'm sure that is a dreadful thing to behold by such a loyal and faithful servant. Even worse to run the risk of seeing your next liege lord fall to the same threat. Such a burden on your already strained shoulders. My good man, may I offer you my most empathetic and heartfelt advice?

Gaius appears satisfied with his scan of the room and stows his Auspex

Gaius turns towards Sank Sternwell and Callixtus

Gaius: "Everything appears to as he claims"

Sank Strenwell: Of course. I have no reason to mislead you.

I serve my master but I am no heretic

Callixtus nods to Gaius and then smiles at Sank. "Then you have work to do…" He moves away.

Tyruss returns the entrance way with his optical mechadendrite closely observing Sank intently.

Tyruss: Perhaps we should head to this cantina?

Gaius nods

Callixtus nods. "I wouldn't mind a drink."

Tyruss: Where is Ivar?

Tiber: 

(To GM) rolling 1d100 target 36 for charm 40 for scrutiny

(

67

)

67

Gaius: who?

Yusef looks around. "Looks like Tiber is missing."

Callixtus smiles. "Why am I not surprised?

Yusef: "Must've seen something shiny."

Gaius reaches a finger up to the side of his helmet and activates something

Gaius: "Tiber. Respond"

Tiber rolls Awareness 15 Target 20.

Tiber hears the crackle of the Arbitrator's voice in his ear as the bartender starts to give him the evil eye. Toul sits silently for a few moments before cupping his hands in front of his mouth, fingers steeping over his nose as his thumbs activates the microbead, "Next Round on Me, Fellas!"

Gaius keys his microbead again

Gaius: "Cough if you've gone ahead to the Wheel"

Tiber downs the drink before him and offers a throat scraping cough before slamming the glass down in front of the bartender. "I don't know what the fuck that was, but give me another!"

Yusef picks up the orb cautiously and tucks it into a pocket into his jacket. "Perhaps we should join him."

Callixtus smiles. "Very good idea."

Gaius responds over the microbead "Affirmative, we are departing now heading downspire towards your location."

Gaius: "Let us depart then"

Tiber looks to the nearest guy and gives him an overobvious eyeballing before leaning towards him and offering, "You look like a guy that works too hard at his job."

Yusef pulls an iho stick from a different pocket and lights it. "Let's." He exhales the smoke right into Callixtus' face.

Tyruss: Perhaps I should hold the orb?

Yusef looks at Tyruss and shrugs but doesn't hand him the orb.

Tyruss: Take care with that witch, we will be watching.

Malc (GM): The bleary eyed manufactorum worker looks Tiber over with a half-understanding eye.

Yusef quirks his brow.

Tiber: "Name's Toul, what'll you have? Interested in getting picked up or calmed down?"

Alexia: (back- sorry)

Yusef pulls the orb from his pocket, the shoves it iindignantly into the churrigeon's hands. "Don't ever call me a witch again…" Then angrily storm out the room.

Alexia: I imagine I'm slightly overdressed for the venue…

Tyruss chirps and clicks with glee.

Tyruss: (make our way to the cantina?)

Tiber glances quickly to the bartender's avoiding gaze, "Anything to eat here?" Before the bartender replies or his new friend answers he gets up, clapping the fellow patron on the shoulder and starts to move towards the back of the dive.

Callixtus makes a few "modfications" to his attire as they move toward the cantina, just enough to blend in a bit better and just enough to alter his appearance enough from his normal to be less… rememberable.

Alexia: It might be advisable to stagger our entrances

Tyruss: or rather, not unheard of?

Gaius: I'll remain outside, out of sight for obvious reasons

Yusef enters the cantina ignoring the others. He pauses for a moment inside the door to look for Tiber.

Malc (GM): It takes you the better part of two hours to get to the Screaming Wheel. The air is thick here with the smells of industry and the area is devoted almost exclusively to production, controlled at the whim of the more commercially active noble houses. Smog clings to the stacks of the manufactorums depsite the constant whirring of the hive air cyclers. Mag trains screech overhead on ill kept railways. The sounds of the hive's life sustaining systems and the machinery of the manufactorums overlap,creating a constant drone of background noise. The harsh light of flickering chem lamps and electro torches cast deepshadows. Bursts of flame from manufactorum vents periodically providing illumination and citizens do well to stick to the main roads, averting their gaze from the dark crevaces and alleyways. The Screaming Wheel itself is actually suspended by struts from the bottom of a midhive thoroughfare. You can access the cantina from several rusted rickety railed gangways. From the traffic passing in and out you can see that it caters to gangers, toughs, and manufactorum laborers.

Tyruss enters the cantina and looks for a place to sit out of the way.

Tiber notes a threesome of brass faced braggarts as they enter the Wheel and begin to hold court. Previous attentions focused on the newcomer seem to shift to the trio as Toul finds a lonely table with a barely conscious resident. He mums a discussion as he hits the microbead discretely, "Three in the back, brass masks, threats. Bartender aware but cajoled. Ladder from thoroughfare above, suspect it lowers into kitchen."

Callixtus does not come in with the others but waits for a few minutes.

Gaius circles the establishment from the outside, looking for the ladder mentioned

Malc (GM): You can see the ladder on closer inspection. It rises off the roof of the Screaming Wheel to the throughfare above

Tyruss rolls Awareness 65 Target 42.

Malc (GM): As you step inside the Screaming Wheel, the odor of stake lho-smoke and obscura, the steanch of body sweat, and loud, pounding music issuing from a tinny vox system assault your senses. Even compared to the street ouside the place is dar, lit only by a few weak glow globes and chemical lumen-signs.

An assortment of unsavory-looking patrons populate the room, from obvious gangers in battle leathers and electoos to vacant-eyed laborers strung out on chems. Only a few bother to look up as you enter. Behind the bar, a heavy-set man cleans glasses witha dirty rcloth clutched in his poorly maintained claw of a bionic arm. Seated at a table at the far end of the room, several well coiffed rakish fellows in brass masks – appearing quite out of place – laugh as a man in manufactorum coveralls seemingly pleads with them.

The worker appears to be pleading over some sort of unpayed debt.

Yusef rolls Awareness 89 Target 36.

Yusef not seeing Tiber he strikes up another Iho stick and makes his way to the bar.

Tiber glances briefly at the entrance of the bar before standing and making his way to the brass masked trio. He smiles at the group and grabs the confused worker firmly by the shoulder. He doesn't wait for the timber of the conversation to become relevant before staring the brass masked men down and announcing, "You guys seem impotent. I got what you need. Straight slaught to the source."

Alexia makes her way into the bar a few minutes afterward, seemingly nonchalantly, and walks over to the bar to order a drink, scanning the rest of the room as she waits for the bartender.

Alexia rolls Awareness 54 Target 20.

Malc (GM): Ok

Callixtus enters but a minute or so after Alexia, cutting a different outfit, something of a dandy slumming it.

Callixtus rolls Awareness 39 Target 35.

Callixtus rolls Deceive 95 Target 45.

Gaius descends the ladder down into the bar

Gaius removes his maul from his belt and taps it on a counter to get the cooks attention

Malc (GM): The cook looks up, startled

Gaius raises his finger to his lips once he has the cooks attention, indicating that he should remain silent

Malc (GM): Are you in full Arbites gear?

The cook nods nervously

Gaius nods at the cook and moves over to the door between the kitchen and the main room

Alexia: afk a sec

Tyruss rolls Common Lore:Mechanicus 31 Target 40.

Gaius raises a finger to the microbead in his helmet "I am in position in the kitchen"

Malc (GM): After a several minutes of pleading a sharp gunshot report rips through the room and the laborer's knee explodes in a shower of gore. The well dressed gangers roar with laughter as one of them pulls a silver stub pistol from under the table, it's muzzle still smoking.

Callixtus finds a bit of shade off to a side and leans into his shoulder as if coughing. He taps his bead, "Brass Boys are nobles playing dress up as gangers.Probably getting less savory…"

Malc (GM): The ganger with the pistol walks toward the screaming laborer.

Skinner: Shhh!!! Shhhh!! You'll be fine! Just walk it off! HA HA HA HA!

Malc (GM): The other gangers respond with a renewed peel of laughter.

Tyruss rises from his table and makes way to the labourer

Tyruss: the machine god smiles upon you today labourer

Tiber begins to drown out the laughter of the nearby ganger

Tyruss attempts to mend the labourer's wounds

Skinner draws a long knife with his other hand

Tyruss rolls Medicae 97 Target 70.

Skinner: I'm afraid he's beyond saving…

Tiber keeps on laughing, louder the the pair still sitting

Skinner stabs the laborer in the gut several times

Alexia 's head snaps up at the gunshot, and she takes a few steps towards the wall.

Yusef raises an eyebrow at the gun shot, but doesn't put his drink down. He places his free hand on his pistol.

Tiber laughs louder than the sceaming worker as he slaps his back right before the gutting, then quick draws his chainsword to the neck of the thug, making a point to laugh incessantly loud as the engine roars to life

Skinner leaves the bleeding laborer on the floor and walks back to his table, with his arms spread wide in a grand gesture

Malc (GM): One of the masked gangers stands.

Tyruss rises and walks over to the table

Tyruss: Explain why you have sabotaged The Machine God's manufactorium this day.

Yusef sees the others moving towards the gangsters and sighs. With a final gulp he finishes his drink and places the glass upside down on the bar. Turning he draws his pistol.

Skinner: Well, we've a live one here lads! 6 to 1 that Reddus gets his head severed… he looks serious motioning to Tiber with his knife

Callixtus has his hand on his sword in that semi-relaxed posture of someone prepared to pull and strike in a single motion.

Tiber: "A wager? I'll have you betting on my departure and paying off the odds."

Reddus: I dont like them odds Skinner. You aughta plug this scum right in his fucking head for this.

Yusef holsters his pistol and draws his whip. Walking towards Skinner he lets it uncoil.

Tiber turns to Yusek and Callixtus, "Cover me yeah? I'm good for it."

Malc (GM): Skinner has his back turned to Yusef and doesnt notice

Skinner: See boys! He's a good sport.

Callixtus continues his very subtle motion to position himself by the 3rd brasser.

Tyruss draws his hand cannon right to the temple of one of the sitting braggarts

Tiber revs the sword engine up as Skinner speaks

Gaius rummages around looking for something to eat in the kitchen

Alexia moves carefully around the edge of the crowd, trying to get a better look.

Yusef lashes out with his whip at Skinner. "This is ruining my drink."

Yusef: (for)

Yusef rolls Weapon Skill: 75 Target: 32.

Skinner ducks as the whip cracks past his head.

Skinner: That wasnt very sporting! Ha!

Skinner dives over the table away from Yusef

Yusef: 

rolling 1d10 + 3

(

6

)+3

9

Tiber: 

rolling d10+4

(

8

)+4

12

Tyruss: 

rolling d10+3

(

8

)+3

11

Alexia: 

rolling 1d10 +2

(

5

)+2

7

Callixtus rolls Initiative and gets 14.

Gaius holding a piece of meat in one hand, keys his microbead with the other. "What's going on out there?" he says between chewing

Tiber revs the engine of the chainsword even harder and looks straight into the eyes of Ripper, "Stand Down.:

Tiber rolls Deceive 75 Target 36.

Tyruss rolls Weapon Skill: 23 Target: 24.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 81 Target: 45.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 51 Target: 45.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 83 Target: 45.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 48 Target: 45.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 3 Target: 45.

Callixtus rolls Weapon Skill: 57 Target: 45.

Callixtus ((I"m out folks. One might hit. :) )

Alexia: (is there a pinball machine?)

Yusef draws his arm back, ready for when Skinner appears from behind the table.

Reddus attempts to parry the chainsword away from his neck but fails

Skinner: Me stands up and tries to push the table over at Yusef laughing the whole time.

Yusef rolls Weapon Skill: 8 Target: 32.

Yusef: 

rolling 1d100 + 3

(

30

)+3

33

Yusef lashes out with his whip striking Skinner as he stands. "Submit."

Alexia rolls Common Lore: 48 Target 25.

Skinner: The whip wraps around Skinner's left arm and he drops his knife at the shock of the hit.

Babyface Ganger 2 makes a break for one of the back doors of the bar room ducking past Yusef. Cal stabs at the ganger as he passes but misses.

Alexia rolls Ballistic Skill: 43 Target: 28.

Tiber rolls Weapon Skill: 11 Target: 31.

Alexia tries to take a shot at the running ganger, but misses

Tiber: 1d10+2

rolling 1d10+2

(

3

)+2

5

rolling 1d10+2

(

10

)+2

12

Gaius peaks his head out the kitchen door to see whats going on

Babyface Ganger 2 's head is severed by the whirring chainsword blade. a fountain of viscera sprays the wall of the cantina

Tiber shouts as the bloody spray hits the wall, "I tried to make it cordial!"

Yusef: http://imgur.com/a/B1vU8 (fakescott)

Tyruss rolls Weapon Skill: 9 Target: 24.

Alexia taps her com bead "Arbiter- grab the masked runner coming your way"

Alexia rolls Ballistic Skill: 95 Target: 28.

Gaius: 

rolling 1d10+3

(

8

)+3

11

Yusef rolls Strength: 41 Target: 38.

Skinner pulls away from the whip and makes a break for the front door.

Yusef rolls Strength: 5 Target: 38.

Skinner: Let's not be too hasty here ha ha!

Gaius rolls Weapon Skill: 15 Target: 45.

Tiber places the chainsword up against the disabled man's beck

Yusef picks up Skinner's gun and tosses it to Tyruss. "I knew we could come to an agreement." He looks to Gaius as he corals the other ganger. "Do you have an extra set of manacles.

Comments

parahelion

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.